2021 Pre-Conference Workshop
Designed for "payments curious" cash professionals among the world's central bank currency departments, this lively, interactive session allowed many questions to be asked and answered about the state of the payments landscape today.
Pre-Conference Workshop: “Payments” for Cash Professionals
Sunday, May 16, 2021, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Must pre-register during conference registration process. Additional $350 registration fee required.
Currency Research (CR) is uniquely positioned to bridge the gap between payments and cash with four (and growing) payments conferences in our expanded offering, a specialized and focused monthly publication and with experienced payments professionals now on the team. This educational workshop is intended to update cash industry professionals on the latest developments in the complex domain of payments. Attendees will gain insight into the current state of play within digital payments including the latest trends and innovation transforming the industry. The workshop content has been specifically developed to give an overview of:
- card payments and the challenges facing their industry;
- what are the challenges and opportunities in payments,
- mobile payments, wallets and other innovations;
- a closer look at crypto assets (Bitcoin), stable coins (Libra) and CBDCs;
- new technologies (cloud computing, AI, DLT, IoT etc) and effects on payments
- key elements of Cyber security (standards/ practices/ testing; cooperation in the eco-system; crisis management
- latest trends in payment services around the globe, from mobile money to cross border; and,
- the historical & potential impact of payments on future global cash use.